Thursday, November 23, 2006

That's My Kind of Rose!


So, my friend told me a story yesterday which I thought to be completely blog worthy.


He and his cousin went to the G'N'R concert with their chicks last week. Show started at 10:30pm - so they pre-drank before the show and made their way to their front row seats as the show began.


A few minutes into the first song they were all, "WTF! That's not Axel Rose!! Who the fuck is this guy? He's terrible!"


Turns out it was Sebastian Bach ... so they headed back up to the bar area where they continued to consume retarded amounts of alcohol which of course remains the gateway to smokin' a few fatties. (if I had to listen to Sebastian Bach, I would also be driven to short-term substance abuse ... it remains an international Skid Row coping mechanism).

Finally - the hour and a half opening act had finally ended and the real show began. So my friend, his cousin and their ladies head back down to their front row seats. At this point my friend and his cousin began to realize:

"Holy Shit - I'm faded."


"I can't really see."


"I'm hungry."


"I can't feel my legs."


Yes ... they were high. Very, very high.


About half way through this stellar G'N'R' performance, my friend looked over at his cousin, who - you guessed it - was sleeping like a newborn baby 10 feet away from Axel Rose's face (who, by the way, was giving what some speculate to be his best performance post his Extreme Make-Over /Bo Derek inspired hair).


For a brief moment, the cousin woke up and found himself looking directly into the eyes of Mr. Rose - who had apparently noticed his slumber. When the song ended, Axel turned to the lead guitarist and said:

"Hey, keep it down .. This guy's tryin' to sleep."




Four tickets to GNR Concert - $650


Dinner & Drinks Before the Show - $500


Falling asleep at the concert and Axel Rose calling you out on it:

FUCKING PRICELESS!!!


No comments: