Monday, November 06, 2006

DYSFUNCTIONAL 101

NIGGA WHAT?



One of the unique characteristics of humans is social adaptability, the way in which one can adjust according to one’s environment. These adjustments can be large (hand-to-hand combat over black market coffee), or miniscule (saying “about” instead of “a-boot”), and they can happen very quickly (in a time of crisis), or very slowly (tuning out the annoying voice of your spouse over the endless, sexless years). But they happen, all the time.

So it should come as no surprise that my stare down has improved considerably since I got back to the city. It was already pretty good, but I feel like my stare down is more aggressive than it used to be.

But here’s the thing: I’ve also noticed that I’ve been staring down little kids on the subway. Little kids like to absorb the world through their eyes. They are so excited by everything because they are so retarded. They’re like, “Hello, world? What a wonderful place! Do you want to be my friend? I like ice cream!” and I’m like, “Don’t look at me, bitch. Don’t you know I will cut you?”

Obviously, my maternal instincts are kicking in.

No comments: