Thursday, September 20, 2007

Single? Not for long!

I have always detested the dating scene. The old me thought thought nothing worse of getting to know someone ... small talk, awkward silences .... after a recent conversation about men and relationships over lunch with my BFF, I'm confident that as long as I stick with a few proven success strategies, I'll be breaking hearts all over the city.

Now, I've actually been told a number of times that I am a fabulous conversationalist ... and I think this rings especially true for dates as I always make a point to talk about interesting topics. Mostly I talk about myself. I tell my date about my intense dieting regimen and explain how I know I could stand to lose a few pounds, and then I ask him if my jeans make me look fat. I find that men like to participate in the conversation so I've learned to ask good questions. Sometimes, of course, I ask my companion questions about himself. Some of my favorites are: "How much money do you make?" "What kind of car do you drive?" and "Do you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior?"

When a guy first comes to my house, I will be sure to dress my guinea pig up in her finest because I want to make a good impression. I would spend most of the time talking to my piggie in a baby voice and let her kiss me right on the mouth because I know how important it is to men to find someone who will be a good mother. Sometimes, for effect, I may pretend to breast feed her. I think that would really get the point across: Look at me! I am totally maternal and super fertile!




When I first go to the guy's house, I will always bring a little something and show I wasn't raised in a barn. For example, if I dated a Jewish guy I would bring him a large ham and a crucifix. Or if I I dated a divorced man, I'd bring him a copy of the best selling book "Why Divorce is a Huge Sin and You're Gonna Rot in Hell."

I love going out to eat on dates and I almost always spill on myself. I think men find it really attractive. Usually it's beverages - I can't tell you how many times I've missed my mouth and sent Jack Daniels on the rocks straight onto my lap. Sometimes it's food, though: last night as I was eating dinner, I dropped a little feta creamy dressing down my heaving cleavage. As I was digging in my boobs to remove the cheese, a male friend of mine walked up. I could tell he found me so hot in that exact moment. There is nothing that says "sexy" quite like cream-covered-titties. (actually that's probably true)

When things progress physically on a first date, I always, ALWAYS pretend like I'll put out and then at the very last second I don't. I think it makes men respect me. It says "Um, actually, I'm not putting out. Almost, but not quite! Look at how respectable I am!"

What more could a guy ask for?

No comments: