Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yes

I want somebody who sees the pointlessness
and still keeps their purpose in mind
I want somebody who has a tortured soul
some of the time
I want somebody who will either put up with me
or put me out of misery
or maybe just put it all into words
and make me say, you know
I never heard it put that way
make me say, what did you just say?
I want somebody who can hold my interest
hold it and never let it fall
someone who can flatten me with a kiss
that hits like a fist
or a sentence, that stops me like a brick wall
and if you hear me talking
listen to what I'm not saying
and don't ask me to put words
to all the spaces in between
I want to peel away your layers
and pull the realness through
just lay your true self on the line
and I might lay myself down right next to you
but don't sit behind your eyes
and wait for me to come get you
I want somebody who can make me
scream until it's funny
give me a run for my money
I want someone who can
twist me up in knots
and tell me, show me,
the girl who’s all or nothing
what have you got?
I want someone who's not afraid of me
or anyone else
in other words I want someone
who's not afraid of himself
do you think I'm asking too much?

No comments: