Friday, August 08, 2008

I've found my Nirvana

Justin, who by the way is the greatest friend like...evah, bought me a bottle of 16 year old Woodford Reserve Four Grain Bourbon the other day while he was at the liquor store. Now I've had a ton of bourbon, covering the gamut from cheap-ass rotgut to stuff that generally tops out at around $100 a bottle. This stuff however, is on another planet. I love 1792, and this is similar ... but on roids.

Immediately after opening the bottle and just sniffing the cork you get a heavy sense of the smoke and the wood that you're about to be treated to. Pouring it into the rocks glass and getting your nose in there only increases that sensation. And sipping it, good gravy. It is the best liquid I've ever consumed. It's like...drinking a BBQ done over oak and moss. But rather than being harsh, it's as smooth as fresh pressed silk.

And if you ever saw someone put ice on it, you should immediately scold them. Then punch them in the mouth.

No comments: