Thursday, December 27, 2007

Me Me Me

I like blueberry muffins but not blueberry pancakes. I drive fast but walk slowly. I am happy, sad, proud, shameful, professional and improper. I drink cans of Bud Lite in my best dress. I think too much and talk too little. I don't usually say what's in my heart but my hand can write it faster than I can feel it. I choose hope over despair. My heart jumps at the sound of your voice but your face is foggy in my memory. I wear black to weddings. I can eat a whole jar of pickles but get nauseous at the idea of putting relish on anything. I believe in true love but not in other things intangible. I am moody, messy and seamlessly unemotional and I keep a militarily clean home. My heart is cluttered with words that I'll never say but I wear them loudly on my sleeve. I believe in past lives but not life after death. I want you to pick me instead of her even though I would pick him instead of you. I love museums but libraries make me nervous. I prefer closed spaces to open ones but open roads to crowded highways. I can't nap - never could but look forward to crawling into bed at night more than any other time of day. I laugh louder than the rest of the room. I crave immediate gratification of a good short sentence but am myself long winded. I am pro-choice but anti-decision. I like rock over roll. Jack over Jim. I still believe in love at first sight even though I don't know anyone who has ever experienced it. I find Mozart fascinating but never liked classical music. I am overconfident in crowds but reticent in private moments. I feel you should choose honest moments to bare your soul but never soul baring moments to finally be honest. And consequently I believe life is yours to reel in one hand over the other, heels in the dirt .... and I will always always win the tug of war.

No comments: